Water Hyacinth Balls
Water Hyacinth balls to gnaw, nibble and play with.
Water Hyacinth (Eichhornia Crassipes) is different from what we know as a garden Hyacinth (Hyacinthus Orientalis) which is poisonous to rabbits.
Water Hyacinth is an invasive floating plant whose long, spongy stems are used for making furniture, bags and rope and is commonly used to manufacture pet toys. In the wild, Water Hyacinth grows well in dirty water and is a great absorber of toxins - this is why you may have read that it is not a good food item for rabbits due to the toxins it may contain. The plants used for these balls have been harvested from clean ponds where they were planted specifically for use in manufactured items for the pet industry and are safe and toxin free. The stems are great for gnawing and thoroughly enjoyed by rabbits
The Water Hyacinth is wound around a small willow frame in the centre.